Tuesday 29 December 2020

dry-brush paintings: old leather boots

 

This piece is a still-life dry-brush painting of some old leather boots I painted at the Leatherhead Institute as part of a fine art class run by Julia Hawkins.
 
Since earlier this year, I've been taking some local fine art classes in Farnham and Leatherhead. The tutor is a fine artist called Julia Hawkins, who is an established oil painter and artist. Just before Christmas while lockdown was brought back a step, we had a class practicing dry brush painting as a festive treat. With Julia's guidance this was the piece I painted in burnt umber. I really love these classes and I hope that covid doesn't persist to disrupt these classes come the new year. I particularly enjoyed this class as it felt a little less constrained, opposed to the typical lessons of meticulous fine art.

No comments:

Post a Comment