Thursday 24 March 2016

First semester summary

During the first semester, I experimented with the new software that was available in weekly tasks set by my tutor. We handed in our progress on each weekly assignment for feedback and learnt about the programs to be used in the next weekly assignment during those lessons. To help me with the introduction of these new software's I consulted various sources from the internet including YouTube, Lynda and Yahoo answers to explore each program. I also took out "Timing for Animation" by Harold Whitaker and John Halas for reference on my animation and bought "The Animator's Survival Kit". As well as this, I found Nick's advice to use video reference when animating vitally resourceful and will use this technique as much as I can for accurate animation. Overall, out of 3D, 2D and stop motion animation, I found 2D to be the most engaging and relatable and I plan to follow this as my pathway.

As I progressed through the first semester, we started life drawing classes which I found to be quite challenging; I searched on YouTube a life drawing playlist and made my way through it as I knew it would become a  imperative part of our second semester. I also began to attend life drawing weekly to improve my observational skills, as I'd spent a large portion of practicing in front of a computer monitor. I've seen a fair amount of improvement from my initial life drawing sketches and hope to keep this development as I progress through my course.

No comments:

Post a Comment